Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fly to Jesus!

Last night I went to the viewing and funeral of Patricia, Caroline, and Anthony Bigger. The saddest funeral I have ever been to! And I've been to alot, including my dad's, nanny barr, and several of my uncles, But never to a mother and her children.
I promised myself I would not cry because when I start crying, its very hard for me to stop. And for the first part of the funeral I placed a couple teardrops, but when they showed the video remembrance of Caroline and Anthony, I lost it. I cried and cried. The video was taken just 3 weeks ago at Christmas time. Caroline sang a beautiful solo of "Here I am to worship" in her little angel costume and Anthony was a little shepherd. Its very sad to think how fast life can change.
On our way back home we stopped at Little Caesars for some pizza. After a service like that, I wasn't very hungry. I just kept thinking to myself, Why would God take away such a beautiful, christian family? Why would He take them away from Brent? But as I thought of the song that was played at the funeral, "My Redeemer is faithful and true" I had to remind myself that God knows what He's doing, Even if we don't. We just have to place our trust in Him.
Caroline and Anthony's casket had a few of their favorite toys in it. A beautiful doll with long, brown hair, A teddy bear, Woody and buzz lightyear. My heart aches deeply for Brent. Theres something physically painful when your see someone you love in a casket, in this case 3 people you love. I asked Mom on the way home "How is Brent going to go on?" I mean yes, they were a Christian family, yes, they're in heaven and he will see them some day, but they were his life. Its going to make his life on earth a whole lot harder without them here. All of a sudden theres a quite, empty house. No sounds of laughter in the air, when he rolls over in bed, she won't be there. I grieve for Brent, And we should all continue to pray for him during these times! I know one thing, I am not going to take my family for granted!

My thoughts

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    What a beautiful blog. I have had many of the same thoughts recently about how I would go on with life if something happened to Reuben and the girls. And, even as I think about it now, am completely clueless. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured my thoughts also...how would I make it? How would I keep going?

    I can't get Brent off my heart, and will continually be praying for him...thanks for the insight.

    Btw, I like your blog...didn't know you had one. Thanks for checking mine out.

    ReplyDelete